10 Reasons why 2013 will be a great yearBy Randell Tiongson on February 7th, 2013
2013 is turning out to be a great year for the Philippines. Mike Manuel, Chief Investment Officer of Sun Life Asia listed down 10 reasons why he thinks “The Philippines Will Shine Brighter This Year”.
- Robust U.S. Dollar inflows
- Inflation has been softening
- Interest rates have dropped to historic lows
- Both business and consumer confidence remains at all-time high
- Stellar economic growth
- Philippines no longer as indebted as before (Debt to GDP ratio)
- The Philippines now has more money than the amount it owes
- The Peso has strengthened over the years
- Investment grade within reach
- The Philippines is the best performing index for two consecutive years
Below is a nice ‘infographic’ with details from Sun Life.